These tours are tailored to your own specific requirements ensuring you get to experience the best of the Mercury Bay and surrounding areas that truly are of interest to you.
57 Albert Street, Whitianga
From $50pp (min 2 people required)
Mon - Sat: Departure time flexible
Departs Mon – Sat
From 57 Albert Street, Whitianga.
Departure time flexible.
Scheduled pickups available upon request.
Details & Options
We know that trying to please each member in your family or group of friends can be a difficult, if not at times, impossible! This is where a custom tour can mean the difference between having a good time or a great time.
We can incorporate a range of activities into an excursion and help you make the most of a day out visiting the area.
- Bush walks during which we see and learn of Rongoa – traditional maori medicine plants.
- River walks where we may find crystals or as the belief is held – the crystal finds you.
- An experience with horses.
- An Argo ride.
- Buy local Manuka honey from the source.
- We can organise a pig hunting expedition.
- Visit a working farm.
- Sightseeing tours to Hotwater beach, Cathedral cove, Wainuiototo (New Chum) and other off the beaten track beaches and places.
- And our exciting new service where we can drop you at the top of the Cathedral Cove track where you can walk down to the beach, enjoy an hour or so there and then be picked up by boat from the beach, eliminating the need to walk back up the hill.
What You Should Bring
While Whitianga experiences some of the best weather in New Zealand, it’s always best to be prepared.
Please bring suitable footwear for short walks small hill climb and be prepared for weather with jackets, sunhats etc.
Depending on the time of year we recommend you carry a warm jacket and/or raincoat.
Because these are custom tours, any other specific items you may require will be detailed when we discuss you tour.
Is your tour suitable for limited mobility?
Yes we can customise our tour to your needs however our vehicles are not wheelchair friendly, yet.
Local tour guides
Our guides who are of Ngāti Hei descent and can take you on a tour of Ngāti Hei sacred sites while incorporating stories of our history.
Wharekaho and Wharetaewa pa site is where Captain Cook and the Endeavour crew experienced the first powhiri or friendly welcome between European and Maori.
P: 027 231 6789
E: [email protected]
Address: 57 Albert Street, Whitianga
Hours: Mon – Sat 9:30 am - 1 pm